Welcome! I've set up this blog to show the process of creating 12 custom 5-piece place settings out of stoneware clay. I will do my best to stay fairly current with what is happening in my studio. Please stop by often to see the progress!



Monday, October 25, 2010

All trimmed up!

The plates dried and came off the bats at just the right time. I was able to tend to other necessary things in my studio last week while they dried. All have now been trimmed-- along with a couple of extras "just in case"-- and are currently sitting on shelves, waiting to dry fully. I'm really tickled with them! They stack nicely and are a cute size. :)

The first picture shows me roughly trimming the bottom of a plate; by now you know what that means: removing excess clay off the bottom and creating a "foot" to stand on which gives it a nice finished look. When I do this I have to be sure that it will fit into the inside of the plate (right side up), for good stacking.

The second pic shows the plates all stacked up. When they are fully dry into the kiln they will go for their bisquing! I should have a full load ready to go next week. Progress, progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment