Welcome! I've set up this blog to show the process of creating 12 custom 5-piece place settings out of stoneware clay. I will do my best to stay fairly current with what is happening in my studio. Please stop by often to see the progress!



Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Just flying through to say...

ye old kiln was loaded last night with glazed pieces and I began the firing process at 5:00 am this morn. The load contains, among other things, some green bowls and some more plates, both dinner and salad. I like to squeeze pieces in where I can among other custom orders and just stuff so that I maximize space and electricity usage. When I have another group of pieces to send to my customer, off it will go.

This weekend I think it's time to lasso my Cheerful Helper and haul him down to my studio to replace some kiln elements. Some are really beginning to sag and are less efficient. I'll post more on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment