Welcome! I've set up this blog to show the process of creating 12 custom 5-piece place settings out of stoneware clay. I will do my best to stay fairly current with what is happening in my studio. Please stop by often to see the progress!



Wednesday, August 18, 2010

A little request for the customer...

I've been postless for too long-- sorry gang. I'm mending my evil ways.

For some reason I have become an insomniac this summer. At least tonight I'll have something fun to do while I'm roaming the house: opening the kiln and seeing all my glazed goodies! That thrill never dies.

I have a whole bunch of stuff in there, orders from lots of different folks so of course I have my fingers crossed. Included are the last dinner plates and several salad plates and I think the last bowl. With a shipment in the near future, we should be coming up on 48 pieces completed! Perhaps we may even be able to get a remark or two from that very best of customers who hired me to do all this!

1 comment:

  1. I'm Jan's customer and proud owner of a 60 piece dinner ware set! I want to share my Top Ten Reasons to Love "Jan-Ware" List with her blog followers:

    1. Our place settings are very versatile. They are perfect for everyday use, they look lovely in formal settings and they make beautiful serving pieces as well. (When the bowls are used for serving dips, they look like dip bowls...not like dip served in your morning cereal bowls!)

    2. Each piece is an individual work of art, and I love usable art!

    3. Jan made me 6 natural/brown settings and 6 green/brown speckled settings. My custom colors match my taste room decors, I can vary (mix and match) settings at a table or pieces within each setting, and Kevin and I can identify our coffee mugs...Kevin gets the green and I get the brown.


    4. The shapes of all the pieces are perfect! They fit perfectly in the dishwasher (no wasted spaces.) We both really love the shape of the mugs. They are ergonomically comfortable and they keep hot beverages hotter longer.

    5. "Jan-Ware" is much lighter and thinner (therefore dressier,)and less expensive than readily available commercial kitchen pottery.

    6. Because the pieces are porous and the bottoms are flat, they are completely dry when the dishwasher cycle is complete. No puddles to mop up on the bottom of the mugs!

    7. "Jan-Ware" doesn't get too hot to handle in the microwave!!! (I love that feature)

    8. I own everyday reminders of how talented Jan is and the fun we had in college. There's even more sentimental value thanks to Jan's customized signature.

    9. I get compliments from guests!

    10. I've gotten lots of boxes and bubble wrap to reuse in sending care packages to my son who is now in college forming his own life long and talented friends!!

    This is one of those rare purchase instances where the more you use it the more you like it! I'd do it all over again...which reminds me. I'm going to ask Jan to make me some serving pieces to match in the future!

    ReplyDelete