Welcome! I've set up this blog to show the process of creating 12 custom 5-piece place settings out of stoneware clay. I will do my best to stay fairly current with what is happening in my studio. Please stop by often to see the progress!



Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Just got the news!

My customer wants to add a bread and butter plate to the order so now I will be making 5 pieces per place setting. This is very exciting for me!

I just came up from my studio where I was putting handles on the mugs I threw Monday. That completed, I am submerging once again to finish trimming the large plates. When my cheerful helper comes home I'll have him take some pictures of me "pulling" mug handles.

1 comment:

  1. I am captivated by this blog and the pottery process. Am curious: What is the largest item you could make, diameter and height-wise? For example, could you make a bird bath on a pedestal? If you made a flower pot with a saucer, what's the largest it could be?

    ReplyDelete